Pope Francis has declared Sept. 7 a Day of Fasting and Prayer for Peace in Syria, the Middle East, and throughout the world.
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and Bishop Robert E. Guglielmone are asking the faithful to spend the next week in prayer for peace.
Prayer for Peace in Syria
God of Compassion,
Hear the cries of the people of Syria,
Bring healing to those suffering from the violence,
Bring comfort to those mourning the dead,
Strengthen Syria’s neighbors in their care and welcome for refugees,
Convert the hearts of those who have taken up arms,
And protect those committed to peace.
God of Hope,
Inspire leaders to choose peace over violence and to seek reconciliation with enemies,
Inspire the Church around the world with compassion for the people of Syria,
And give us hope for a future of peace built on justice for all.
We ask this through Jesus Christ,
Prince of Peace and Light of the World,
- December 20 2014 Pro-life rosary
- January 09 2015 - January 10 2015 SC march and rally for life
- January 16 2015 - January 16 2015 | 5:00:00 PM National Religious Freedom Day
- January 22 2015 National March for Life
- January 23 2015 St. Joseph School gala
- January 23 2015 St. Joseph gala date change
- January 28 2015 Catholic Days at the Capital