Pope Francis has declared Sept. 7 a Day of Fasting and Prayer for Peace in Syria, the Middle East, and throughout the world.
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and Bishop Robert E. Guglielmone are asking the faithful to spend the next week in prayer for peace.
Prayer for Peace in Syria
God of Compassion,
Hear the cries of the people of Syria,
Bring healing to those suffering from the violence,
Bring comfort to those mourning the dead,
Strengthen Syria’s neighbors in their care and welcome for refugees,
Convert the hearts of those who have taken up arms,
And protect those committed to peace.
God of Hope,
Inspire leaders to choose peace over violence and to seek reconciliation with enemies,
Inspire the Church around the world with compassion for the people of Syria,
And give us hope for a future of peace built on justice for all.
We ask this through Jesus Christ,
Prince of Peace and Light of the World,
- January 31 2015 Folly Beach oyster roast
- February 05 2015 Lectures on aging
- February 07 2015 Oyster roast and barbecue
- February 07 2015 ‘Spirituality and Technology’
- February 07 2015 - February 10 2015 Horvat and Fulkerson talks
- February 07 2015 Roast of Paul Runey
- February 08 2015 St. Mary School admissions tests