Pope Francis has declared Sept. 7 a Day of Fasting and Prayer for Peace in Syria, the Middle East, and throughout the world.
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and Bishop Robert E. Guglielmone are asking the faithful to spend the next week in prayer for peace.
Prayer for Peace in Syria
God of Compassion,
Hear the cries of the people of Syria,
Bring healing to those suffering from the violence,
Bring comfort to those mourning the dead,
Strengthen Syria’s neighbors in their care and welcome for refugees,
Convert the hearts of those who have taken up arms,
And protect those committed to peace.
God of Hope,
Inspire leaders to choose peace over violence and to seek reconciliation with enemies,
Inspire the Church around the world with compassion for the people of Syria,
And give us hope for a future of peace built on justice for all.
We ask this through Jesus Christ,
Prince of Peace and Light of the World,
- October 31 2014 - November 15 2014 ‘Crafting by the Sea’
- November 01 2014 Workshop on bioethics and life
- November 01 2014 Bioethics and End-of-Life Issues
- November 01 2014 Rummage sale
- November 01 2014 Walk for Life
- November 03 2014 Talk on Magnolia Cemetery
- November 04 2014 Notre Dame Club golf outing