Pope Francis has declared Sept. 7 a Day of Fasting and Prayer for Peace in Syria, the Middle East, and throughout the world.
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and Bishop Robert E. Guglielmone are asking the faithful to spend the next week in prayer for peace.
Prayer for Peace in Syria
God of Compassion,
Hear the cries of the people of Syria,
Bring healing to those suffering from the violence,
Bring comfort to those mourning the dead,
Strengthen Syria’s neighbors in their care and welcome for refugees,
Convert the hearts of those who have taken up arms,
And protect those committed to peace.
God of Hope,
Inspire leaders to choose peace over violence and to seek reconciliation with enemies,
Inspire the Church around the world with compassion for the people of Syria,
And give us hope for a future of peace built on justice for all.
We ask this through Jesus Christ,
Prince of Peace and Light of the World,
- September 19 2014 - September 20 2014 Family conference
- September 19 2014 Christmas carnival
- September 20 2014 Country Western Dinner Dance
- September 20 2014 Pro-life rosary
- September 20 2014 Celebration of Life Gala
- September 21 2014 - September 28 2014 Medical mission to Guatemala
- September 22 2014 Catholic Daughters