Pope Francis has declared Sept. 7 a Day of Fasting and Prayer for Peace in Syria, the Middle East, and throughout the world.
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and Bishop Robert E. Guglielmone are asking the faithful to spend the next week in prayer for peace.
Prayer for Peace in Syria
God of Compassion,
Hear the cries of the people of Syria,
Bring healing to those suffering from the violence,
Bring comfort to those mourning the dead,
Strengthen Syria’s neighbors in their care and welcome for refugees,
Convert the hearts of those who have taken up arms,
And protect those committed to peace.
God of Hope,
Inspire leaders to choose peace over violence and to seek reconciliation with enemies,
Inspire the Church around the world with compassion for the people of Syria,
And give us hope for a future of peace built on justice for all.
We ask this through Jesus Christ,
Prince of Peace and Light of the World,
- September 01 2014 - September 13 2014 Run With Endurance 5k
- September 04 2014 Options for elders
- September 05 2014 - September 07 2014 Women of Grace conference
- September 05 2014 John Michael Talbot concert
- September 05 2014 St. Joseph School gala
- September 05 2014 Lowcountry Trout Tournament
- September 06 2014 Ladies Day of Recollection