Pope Francis has declared Sept. 7 a Day of Fasting and Prayer for Peace in Syria, the Middle East, and throughout the world.
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and Bishop Robert E. Guglielmone are asking the faithful to spend the next week in prayer for peace.
Prayer for Peace in Syria
God of Compassion,
Hear the cries of the people of Syria,
Bring healing to those suffering from the violence,
Bring comfort to those mourning the dead,
Strengthen Syria’s neighbors in their care and welcome for refugees,
Convert the hearts of those who have taken up arms,
And protect those committed to peace.
God of Hope,
Inspire leaders to choose peace over violence and to seek reconciliation with enemies,
Inspire the Church around the world with compassion for the people of Syria,
And give us hope for a future of peace built on justice for all.
We ask this through Jesus Christ,
Prince of Peace and Light of the World,
- November 28 2014 - November 30 2014 Holy Spirit art show
- November 28 2014 - December 06 2014 Mepkin Creche Festival
- November 29 2014 BE oyster roast, auction
- December 01 2014 - December 30 2014 Secular Carmelites
- December 02 2014 Prayer service and tree lighting
- December 03 2014 - December 24 2014 Adoration and benediction
- December 05 2014 - December 06 2014 Single, Single Again