Pope Francis has declared Sept. 7 a Day of Fasting and Prayer for Peace in Syria, the Middle East, and throughout the world.
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and Bishop Robert E. Guglielmone are asking the faithful to spend the next week in prayer for peace.
Prayer for Peace in Syria
God of Compassion,
Hear the cries of the people of Syria,
Bring healing to those suffering from the violence,
Bring comfort to those mourning the dead,
Strengthen Syria’s neighbors in their care and welcome for refugees,
Convert the hearts of those who have taken up arms,
And protect those committed to peace.
God of Hope,
Inspire leaders to choose peace over violence and to seek reconciliation with enemies,
Inspire the Church around the world with compassion for the people of Syria,
And give us hope for a future of peace built on justice for all.
We ask this through Jesus Christ,
Prince of Peace and Light of the World,
- December 07 2013 Christmas yard sale
- December 07 2013 Pauline Books and Media Center
- December 08 2013 Christmas concert
- December 08 2013 - December 11 2013 Mission on the family
- December 08 2013 Breakfast with St. Nick
- December 14 2013 Christmas dinner dance
- December 14 2013 - December 15 2013 ‘The Little Match Girl ‘ ballet
- December 14 2013 Diocese of Charleston Native American Catholics' H...
- December 14 2013 Scott Hahn at St. Mary