Pope Francis has declared Sept. 7 a Day of Fasting and Prayer for Peace in Syria, the Middle East, and throughout the world.
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and Bishop Robert E. Guglielmone are asking the faithful to spend the next week in prayer for peace.
Prayer for Peace in Syria
God of Compassion,
Hear the cries of the people of Syria,
Bring healing to those suffering from the violence,
Bring comfort to those mourning the dead,
Strengthen Syria’s neighbors in their care and welcome for refugees,
Convert the hearts of those who have taken up arms,
And protect those committed to peace.
God of Hope,
Inspire leaders to choose peace over violence and to seek reconciliation with enemies,
Inspire the Church around the world with compassion for the people of Syria,
And give us hope for a future of peace built on justice for all.
We ask this through Jesus Christ,
Prince of Peace and Light of the World,
- July 30 2014 Why Catholic? series
- July 31 2014 - August 02 2014 Children’s consignment sale
- July 31 2014 - August 03 2014 FertilityCare practitioner course
- August 02 2014 Yard sale
- August 04 2014 Hillbillies concert
- August 11 2014 Catholic Night at The Joe
- August 13 2014 - August 15 2014 Children’s choir camp